View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 09:54 PM   #58
RBatson
Registered Member

Default Re: 1985 GT - Test your mustang knowledge, guess how fast i'll run 1/4 mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tireburner163
You got a chip from JMS and it didn't work? For the mach 1? If you would have called and talked to Monte he probably would have fixed it for you. JMS does all my tune work and does a good job of it as well. Doesn't really seem like them to be screwing people around?
I hate to be redundant but.. No, not for the Mach. I said when the Diablo chip first came out which was in the spring of 2000, I think. I paid $302 for a chip to go in the 89 stroked and blown mustang, the one that currently needs main bearings. I actually met Chris in 1999, nice guy . I talked with him a couple times on the phone and we talked for quite a bit, great guy. I talked to him about upgrading my Vortech and ordering a chip. A few months later, when I was ready to order the chip I ended up talking to someone that sounded like they were eating their lunch, which I hate. Anyhow, when I got the spec sheet, which was supposed to list my mods, it said long tubes(which I don't have) and a few other minor things that I can't remember didn't match up. I called and they said it was no big deal, didn't speak to Chris. In the meantime I ended up having some cooling and charging problems that set me back a bit and by the time I got around to dealing with the chip again.. I called and told them the car was running way rich, I couldn't tune it and the chip wasn't doing anything. I asked if they could look at it in Bradenton and figure out why it wasn't working, they said they would be busy with their car at the spring break shootout, I can understand that. Then I asked if I could come by earlier in the week, on my way down to Bradenton, and Chris said he would but he got $75 an hour. I said I bought a chip that doesn't work, he said he doesn't work for free. The more I thought about it the madder I got. I'm not a rich man, I paid $302 for a chip and I expect it to do what it was supposed to do. It did absolutely nothing and I have no idea why. I don't think I should have to pay $75 an hour for someone to figure out why their product doesn't work.. maybe I caught him on a bad day, I don't know. I do know that I wish I had ordered the new Diablo chip instead of going with someone that impressed me. You have to remember, I first read about Chris Johnson and his little white coupe back around 1991(I believe), I was quite impressed that someone could get an extra 100hp out of tuning the ecm.