View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 12:59 PM   #1
fongo
Registered Member

Default new thermostat & water pump..still overheating, help!b

Memorial Day weekend blues for me!
On my 93 5.0, I just put a new water pump, new thermostat 180 deg, hoses, flushed out the Motorsport 3 core radiator radiator...
After turning the car on for a about 15 min & running the A/C, my car temp gauges starts climbing towards the 270C limit. I checked everything: no leaks, new parts, fresh coolant etc. I did put on a new 95 amp alternator (PA perfmce) yet I dont anticipate any problems? The serpentine belt is tight to specs.
However, after I ride the car around the block a few times, the temp gauge does go down? Could it be a defective radiator? It does get hot though. Could it be that the radiator is not compatible? It is a little thicker than the stock and the fan shroud tends to be more closer to radiator than before. Need some tips.
Thanks! Hapypy Holidays!
fongo
1993 GT, MAC Fenderwell Cold Air Induction; Accel dist.,Splitfire plugs, BBK: 1 5/8 unequal length shorties, hi flow H-pipe w/ cats; Flowmasters 2 chamber American Thunder catback system, Motorsports 3-core radiator, 180º thermostat, BBK adj. clutch quad...the rest is bone stock!..but more mods to come!!
fongo is offline   Reply With Quote