View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 02:36 PM   #5
~The Jester~
Rat Killer

Default Re: Mustang Wounded! And, almost caught on fire!

Wow dude! So many things running through my head right now, not sure where to start. But, I'll do my best.

First and foremost, YOU and all the other commuters that day, get to go home. All is well! Bottom line! Screw the car, we can build you another one just like it, YOU are OK, and noone else got hurt. That's the main thing! Being a union Firefighter, I've seen stuff go down that shouldn't have happened, but it did. It truly is a "when your number gets pulled" type of thing! Kiss your wife, hug the kids, get on with it. Wasn't your turn. But be glad it wasn't!

As far as the car goes, ALL of them green O-Rings would be getting changed if it was me! Don't forget about the fuel rails, and fuel line O-Rings! God sent ya a "Howwee Stick" (How-WEE is that a BIG STICK!!) so listen to him! Those of us in the "midwest" or regions that actually have to store the car half a year, are at a disadvantage. The car "sitting" is harder on it than running it, trust me! Not saying that YOU personally screwed the pooch, cuz you did nothing different than what I would have done. But things happen, stuff dry rots, etc etc. If THAT particular O-Ring failed, how far behind are the others? They were all installed at the same time, right?

Dude, kiss the car for keeping you safe. Kiss the wife, kiss the kids. Then FIX the car!!!! Like I said, you did NOTHING wrong, but this is a wakeup call!

MICE need not apply.....

~The Jester~ is offline   Reply With Quote