View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 04:20 PM   #10
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up Re: Mustang Wounded! And, almost caught on fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989GT

Yeah I realize skydiving is "safe"...just something about jumping out of a plane that doesn't seem quite right...although I'd like to try it sometime LOL .
I have a friend who is a 'private' pilot (non-commercial) and says that he could never see the point of jumping out of a plane unless it was going to crash. I get that - but like many others, experiencing the thrill of free-falling from thousands of feet in the air before opening the chute and drifting down to a safe landing is very appealing.

Unfortunately, my wife has made it very clear that she is 100% against my attempting skydiving as it is a totally unnecessary risk, in her opinion. I have chosen to respect her wishes and forego any skydiving attempts, at least for the near future.

StangFlyer:

Scary experience there - but at least you ended up safe and with only minor Mustang damage. As others have mentioned, extended storage can do more harm to a vehicle than actually driving it. Now you see how that works. Perhaps next winter, you may want to keep the insurance on the car and on dry days, drive it a bit just to keep it 'limber'. Like people who don't get any exercise, non-use of a car can atrophy seals and other parts.

In any case, glad to see you handled the situation with good sense and quickly located the cause of the problem. Best of all, you didn't get hurt.