View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 06:53 AM   #36
chuck88
Registered Member

Default Re: Seatbelt Laws...

Unit5302 wrote:

"Then I can purchase "seat belt" insurance for a significantly reduced rate."

What kind of a discount do you think an insurance company would provide. The discount would be less then $15 a year and the non seat belt style insurance would be a couple of hundred increase. Then the insurance compnay would sell it as "a significantly reduced rate".

Regarding wearing seat belts, I am from the old generation we never wore seat belts, hell I even ripped them out of my first car and threw them in the garbage. It took a while but I got used to them and if I could get used to them any one can.

Why not wear them?

One complaint I have heard from a lot of folks is that the seat belt doesnt lock (my stang does) and keeps getting tighter. In my other vehicle I have a small orange (spring loaded) wood clamp which I place on the belt where it could lock the belt in place and prevent the annoying "tightening up". It cost a few dollars in the Home Depot.

Where your seat belts guys they do save lives.

While we are saving lives do what I do drive 110 MPH (55 saves lives well 110 should save twice as many).

Wife, 2 kids, busy job, "fixer upper" house, and I still have time for the Mustang!!!

I Love my kids!!!
chuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote