View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 03:39 PM   #10
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up Re: 2007 Mustang Shelby GT500 Pricing Released

Motor Trend (July, 2006 issue) got a very respectable high-12-second ¼ mile time from the blown, 500 HP Shelby GT500 Mustang. They praised it to the sky, not only for it's easy-to-control power but also for it's handling, braking and overall build quality. MT also gave the GT500 high marks for 'fun to drive', concluding that, with the 2007 Shelby GT500 Mustang, "Ford got it right'. For the price, I certainly hope so.

As it's a bit cheaper and a lot more 'practical' than the Corvette - and not a GM product - the near-$41,000. MSRP is not outrageous or unreasonable...if you happen to have that kind of money to spend on a car. I don't. Yet, I have to be just a tad envious of those who do.

Regardless, anyone who pays a fat dealer premium for this Mustang is a fool - or else, has more money than brains. While the '07 Shelby GT500 Mustang is very likely a great car, with the Ford Motor Company sucking wind for sales these days and it's stock in the toilet, Ford dealers are not going to be able to rip off potential GT500 buyers for long. Well, we hope not.