View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 01:56 PM   #12
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Re: 2007 Mustang Shelby GT500 Pricing Released

If you're a really a 'Ford guy', the GT500 is the only game in town. C'mon! 500HP/high 12's right off the showroom floor (with a factory blower set-up in th bargain) as well as handling and braking equal to the engine. What a concept - and all for about 15 grand more than a 'regular' GT. I think they'll sell -but not if Ford dealers try to jack up the price out of sheer greed.

If you're really more of a Chevy guy and/or have no brand loyalty and sometimes find yourself thinking: 'I always wanted a 'Vette' (many folks fit that description) than the fiberglas flyer is for you. Apparently the new Corvette breaks the standard Corvette mold (great drivetrain, weak body, crappy fit and finish) and, according to all reports, its a great car, just like the '07 GT500. However, it's still a two-seater and, alas, still a GM product.

At those stratospheric pricing levels, you pays your money and you makes your choice. If I even had that kind of money to spend on a car, I would choose the 2007 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500. But that's just me.