View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 02:05 PM   #26
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

Default Re: What's the stupidest thing you've done in your car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuBlu06GT
I owned a 64 and 1/2 in Hawaii in 1985 that was not in the best shape. It had a habit of stalling out at the most inopportune moments. It stalled on me at a stop sign. I needed to turn left onto a right turning hill that ended at a stop light. I had the bright idea to get out of my car, push it and then jump back in. I got the car rolling and turned onto the street, heading down the hill. I could not, however, get my self back into the car. I ended up riding on the outside of the car, having to reach in and steer it down this hill. All the while, wondering how in the hell I was going to get stopped at the bottom if, as it turned out it was, the light was red. Macgyver training came in handy when I slowly steered the car into the curb, which slowed the car to a stop eventually. That is, to this day, my life's most embarrassing moment. It was full daylight and several witnessed drove by and clapped.
We have a WINNER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootro
i plead the fif on this one. One, two, three, four, FIIIIIIIF!
I fixed it for ya, hope you don't mind. OH, and...Dave Chappelle'd.

My only bonehead move happened about a year into my ownership of my '65 coupe. Back then it was still rough around the edges, and still had the original 2-barrel carb which still bogged down with the best of 'em no matter what you did to it. I got my flowmasters installed and afterwards went to visit a friend of mine. He wanted to go for a ride to hear how they sound, since he wasn't sure if he wanted them for his chevelle. He asks me to floor it on a road that leads to a freeway on-ramp, and of course I'm like "sure, why not?" The damn light goes yellow and I'm not sure if I am gonna have time to stop (stupid drum brakes), so I don't even bother and stay at WOT. What I don't notice is that the road has a slight hump in it, but when going over it at about 80mph and climbing, slight doesn't mean crap. We go sailing a couple feet in the air and onto the on-ramp. My friend bangs his head on the ceiling while we're in the air (I still give him shit about that to this day ) The mustang veered slightly to the right upon landing so rough, which sends us uncomfortably close to the unprotected side of the on-ramp, but luckily this was easily corrected. Everything seemed fine with the car until we got it back to his mom's house (it's on the same street as mine). When I turn the car off, the coolant starts spurting out of the radiator and there's steam going everywhere. I lift the hood and there's coolant everywhere. Apparently, the fan cut into a few lines in the radiator when we landed. I also popped the rear passenger shock, which prompted me to but a new set of gas shocks since they were all very old to begin with. Luckily, that was the extent of the damage, nothing structural at all. Now, about 4 years later, I'm planning on upgrading the wobbly stock suspension. I'm probably going to replace every last little piece, just to be safe.

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/deltamustang65/

If Nissan Motorsports = NISMO, wouldn't Honda Motorsports = HOMO?
DeltaMustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote