View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 11:59 PM   #30
stanger66
dreaming about mustangs

Default Re: What's the stupidest thing you've done in your car?

I forgot of one other stupid thing I did in 96' about 21 yrs old, and I had a 93' lowered sunbird v6 w/2in drop(cut springs)little bouncing at the time. Just moved to MD 2nd day in and I drove my friend home at about 2:30 am. I took off from a light onto a road I had never been on before and never let off the gas. It had a lot of hills on it and saw a cross street coming up and looked for a stop sign but didnt see it until I was right on it and it was too late because a branch was covering it. Well the road crossing mine had a crest on it and dropped down on the other side. Well I tried hitting my brakes but there was nothing I could do but hold on and when I went over the crest I went flying over it and when I landed the nose of the car went straight into the pavement and took a chunk out of the pavement and slide for about 50 ft on the nose and when the rear came down I was finally able to stop the car.

When my friend and I got out of the car there were pieces of the car all over the place but some guy was walking his dogs saw the whole thing and came running to see if we were all right. But he said he thought we got about 10 ft of the ground from what he thought. But we walked back to where the impact was with ground and paced it out it was about 42 ft from the intersection. But he let me use his flashlights and I went to look at my car basically I was missing the whole front clip headlights and all. Blew out 2 front tires,took out rad.,oil and trans pans. My buddies friend came and towed it back to the house. I dont know how fast I was going but it was at least 85 + mph.
The next morning I checked out my car I took out my suspension all front and some rear, broke the sub frame, snapped trans from engine and left holes in side of engine. I called my insurance co. to check out my car to get fixed and they totalled it.

My friend read my last post and told me to put this one in too.

06 Saleen S281SC Convertible 6spd
04 Freestar(wife)
66 mustang w/orig. Carroll Shelby racing 7 spoke 14X7's aluminum
02 pontiac sunfire 2.2 ecotec(great gas mileage) still GM junk
stanger66 is offline   Reply With Quote