View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 09:47 PM   #39
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

Default Re: Suspension upgrade Qs for '65 coupe

Sheesh, this is taking longer than I thought. I have the passenger side leaf, shackle and everything else bolted in to minimum torque specs. Gonna torque them down proper once I get everything secured, of course.

I keep running into snags. Today I bought new bolts and nuts for the front of the leafs because I didn't want to reuse the old ones. MP apparently doesn't include them with their kits. Now I need to pick up new u-bolts & nuts for where the leaf meets the rear end. One of the nuts gets stuck on the bolt and it'll somehow spin and not go anywhere, on or off. Of course I find this out after spending time cleaning, sanding, priming, and painting them so they don't stand out against all the shiny new black parts. ARGH!

Another reason it's taking a while longer than I thought is because I've been cleaning out the caked dirt from the quarter panels and undercarriage while I'm in the area. Shot some new rubber undercoating in there, so now it looks nice 'n clean.

Anyway, I just thought I'd update. I don't have many friends that are into cars that I can talk to, can you tell?

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/deltamustang65/

If Nissan Motorsports = NISMO, wouldn't Honda Motorsports = HOMO?
DeltaMustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote