View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 07:28 PM   #15
347strokerstang
Registered Member

Default Re: A ride in the ricer

IF you want to get down to the math of it, per cubic inch...ricers are just efficient. meaning HP/Cubic inchs...but what pisses me off is all the kids think a cold air intake and 4inch buzz bomb muffler is making 50hp. 90% of the kids in my school dont understand the concepts and think that a chip on ebay for 25$ says itll give them 40+ hp...without changing the fuel economy or making it run bad...when really its just a diode that cost less than a quarter thats telling the ECM the intake air is like 32 degrees...making the car run rich...killing gas millage, causing you to more than likly fail emissons test and only giving you 10-12 hp. And they all seem to put on a cold air intake first...they pay 250$ + for and think its worth 30hp...but in my opinion...if its inside the engine compartment....then its 1. pulling air thats been heated from the engine and 2. its made of metal and sits 3inchs or so from the engine so...its heated up it self and 3. you can buy a cheap one...cause really all your paying for is some cheap allum. or steel tube...slap a K & N filter on it and spend 40 bucks you got the same thing as those 250$ + models. The kids around here are just stupid and focus on bolt ons and stickers and appearence....I dont give a damn what my car looks like as long as itll shit n get im good to go. Ive faught with so many ricers around here explaing the fact of why a v8 isnt stupid to have. The main point they argue is that they can get just as much power from their four bangers as I can my AMERICAN V8 and still have better gas economy. YES. they can...but...but by the time they spend the money on the parts to get up to an average stock hp of lets say 300 for most V8s be it Ford or Chevy or Mopar or w.e that extra money they spent, makes up for my loss in gas economy. am i right? and another thing...most of the imports use DOHC and think its so great, ....for the ones that do understand the concept, but lets think about this, you can pick up a good cam for a V8 pushrod motor for around 2-250$ how many cams, have you seen for any DOHC (meaning you must buy two) for that same 2-250$ ? Personally, I havnt seen where you can buy ONE cam, for a DOHC motor for that price range. Now, I may be carrying on a bunch of shit but I believe it all and its all fact moreso than opinion, no matter how you look at it, there is no replacement for displace ment. 5.0L N/a Vs. 2.0L N/a the 5.0 has it, and if the 5.0 has 10lbs of boost and the 2.0L has 10lbs of boost the 5.0 still, has it. I guess Im done but Ill never drive nothing but pure American Musle. Tony
347strokerstang is offline   Reply With Quote