View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #76
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

Default Re: Suspension upgrade Qs for '65 coupe

YAY! Everything is installed now. Putting this shit back is SO much easier that ripping it apart.

All that's left is to relocate the upper arms. However, before that, I'm going to clean up and paint the strut rods and replace their bushings with poly. The struts are the last weathered-looking pieces left up front, so it'll be nice to have them looking like they belong.

I almost bought new strut rods when I picked the bushings up, but guess how much they wanted for them...$59.99 each! WTF, that's almost as much as my lower arms cost each...for a freakin' ROD. What is the world coming to?

Anyway, just a couple more small steps and it'll be time for an alignment and test drive...then onto front disks.

Two quick (and possibly final) questions, though. Would castor, camber, and toe-in be thrown off if I removed and reinstalled these parts properly? I'm going to take it straight to get realigned when I'm done, but I don't want to hurt anything on the way.

The other thing is about shims. Do I have them and how do I spot them? The book I'm reading says that I should mark any shims for later use, and that I may have to adjust their thickness to compensate for additional camber from relocating the upper control arms. This is new to me, I don't even think my shop manual explains it. How do I make sure that everything is relatively in order so I don't show up at the alignment shop looking like a total noob?

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/deltamustang65/

If Nissan Motorsports = NISMO, wouldn't Honda Motorsports = HOMO?
DeltaMustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote