View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

Default Re: What's your favorite drag racing class?

Yeah, that's right... I forgot that you are the father of Renegade, in essense. I ran Renegade in 1998 @ Cordova... I was running high 11's then, and my stinkin' tube K-member (I think I was the only guy there w/ a tube K) made Renegade the only class I could run in w/ the combo I had then, while others were going 10's with more serious combo's (and stock K-members then). I remember looking at Bob Kurgan's car and thinking, "I'm going to get my butt handed to me!" LoL.... but it was a good time, no less. I was paired up with him in the first round and went 11.7-something to his mid 10 second rip.

I followed the Renegade class from there on out, and started to put together a Ren combo for FFW circa 2001 (?) ....I was talking w/ Ultradyne about a spec cam for the class, right before they did the mid-season rule change that put FFW Ren on the course to what it is today. So, yeah, I decided to say F-it and built my own deal and went 10.0's w/ it. by the end of 2002.... NMRA Ren was out of the question due to my Jerico trans, fwiw. I remember being stoked when Kurt Gallant broke into the 8's w/ NX nitrous.

Sam Vincent's nitrous'd coupe is what made me start following the Outlaw class for awhile.... don't really follow any heads-up classes like I used to, but I love the idea of going 7's at nearly 200mph on true 28x10.5" tires.......... AMAZING!!! I'll be content w/ 8's on small tires.

Hopefully you get some time (or make some time) to update your '91 Dan.... it'd be cool to see that hit the 'strip again.

-Ryan

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote