View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 02:28 AM   #1
skiwesser
Registered Member

Default Help, car losing spark and dying on me!

OK, I've been chasing this for a while and I'm pretty sure it's the distibutor but i could very well be wrong so......

After building new motor tuner suggested I get A new Dist. as there were some waves in the graph at high RPM's.
So my brother is a mech. and can get rebuilt ford ones for like $80,got one after about aweek it would'nt start after driving it a while (to work or whatever) but after 5mins to 2 hours later it wold start over and over, I always went home and tried it and it'd start.
Traded dist. fine for a month then same thing, 3rd in now been in for about 4-5 months, 2 weeks ago on interstate it died and came back for a couple of seconds twice in five miles, did this agian about 3 days later, otherwise fine.
Today I get about a mile from home and it dies, I pull over wait about 30 mins. and still no FIRE definetley getting fuel, well I say that there could be trash in tank temporaly blocking fuel but guage is always reading right??
My brother comes to pull me home and as we pull into niegborhood it fires, we go to unhook it and it dies,won't start as before, pull on home unhook and it fires???
New coil and TFI module
88 GT: subs,pullies, 1 3/4 longtubes, flowmasters, AFR 165's,T,F #1 cam,Thyphoon intake, 24# inj., 73mm C&L,65mmT.B., 190LPH pump, Eagle sir rods, forged pistons in a newly rebuilt 306.

DYNO TUNED TO 300.97 RWHP 337RWTQ
skiwesser is offline   Reply With Quote