View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 11:48 PM   #7
busric
Registered Member

Default Re: 98 gt against newer gto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91GTturbo View Post
Haven't been on in quite a while, but saw this post and since I just recently added an 05 GTO to my stable, I can add a little. First there was no 07, only 04-06. The 04's have the LS1 rated at 350hp, the 05-06 have the LS2 with 400hp. The fastest stock time I've see recorded was 12.8, most are in the low 13's so it's not going to be pretty for you.

I gotta agree totally with 91GTturbo on this. My couz purchased an
'06 GTO last year and he already owned a '95GT so we took them both out for a little test run. He and I have owned many muscle cars over the years so we figured we could get a good idea on the comparison. Well, the GTO totally dusted the GT, totally. We swapped rides and had the same outcome. Now I get to become the proud owner of the '95GT with only 15K miles on it. I won't tell the price cause too many would cry. Last Stang I owned was a '67 GT that was stolen 4 months after I bought it so have been hoping for another GT. Now that I'm going on 57 years old, I figure I deserve it.

Just stay away from GTOs with experienced drivers. It's the experience that really does make the difference. Now he has an '06 GTO to sit next to his '66 GTO and he's a happy old man like me.

(now if he will just tire of the GTO!)
busric is offline   Reply With Quote