View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 04:04 PM   #80
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

Default Re: Suspension upgrade Qs for '65 coupe

I finally got around to getting a quote from Mustangs Plus' "Restomod Shop" on getting the Shelby Drop, but they want around $750.00 for it. It includes an alignment that they don't do, but send the car out for. Still, this seems rather steep.

I pressed them on it, asking why it was so much for punching a few holes. They said it's not just that, but removing the upper arms and all that. I replied that I know that because I rebuilt the whole suspension myself (and removed and reinstalled the upper arms, springs, shocks TWICE) and the hours they were quoting just didn't seem to add up to how long it took ME, a newbie. They didn't really have much to say at that point, and I felt like they were just trying to screw me or something.

Also worrisome, I called them in the morning with questions on that and getting subframes welded in and they said they'd call back later, which they never did. Both guys I talked to seemed kinda shady, and not too knowledgeable. Honestly, I don't know if I'd have the work done there even IF the price was right...

Has anyone else had this done at a shop, and what was the cost? Thanks in advance.

Matt

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/deltamustang65/

If Nissan Motorsports = NISMO, wouldn't Honda Motorsports = HOMO?
DeltaMustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote