View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #19
Stang_Gang
Stang_Gang_Performance

Default Re: A ride in the ricer

i agree with most everything everyone said. you can make alot of power on a little motor, but torque is what wins races and the little imports just dont put the torque a big displacement motor will. but i do understand the pide they get by saying "how does it feel to get your 5.0 beat by a honda?" then i turn around and say "you could have beat me by more if you didnt add all that weight from your gooffy looking body kit and big ass wing and by the way how does it feel to bearly beat a mustang with 4500 in it aginst your 10000 gand under the hood, oh but did i mention that 4500 includes the 3500 i paid for the car." lol they change there adittude pretty quick after that. its all a money game the more you have the faster you go. my friend has 25 grand in the motor and trans in his jacked up 4x4 dodge diesel, its twin turbo, fully built with nos on it. yea that money could build one badass v8 racecar, but to have a 8inch lifted extended cab truck with 39" tires run a 7.10 in the 1/8 mile and beat a new z06 vett. the look on peoples faces is pricless, so i understand the pride in making the imports fast, just loose the attitude that imports are better then anthing else on the road and there wont be as many problems. but ill stick to my v8. ill put my twin turbo 347 stroker with viper 6 sp up aginst the big boost hondas and show them what 30 pounds of boost on v8 will do. i just got to finsh building the car lol.
98 "COBRA"
03 GT
07 GT
Stang_Gang is offline   Reply With Quote