Thread: 5.4L swap
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #10
r3dn3ck
Registered Member

Default Re: 5.4L swap

Mine is done. Torque NA is unreal. Power is great. I highly recommend it to anyone. People that ride in my car compare the feeling to a 03/04 cobra. I think those pull harder up top and mine pulls harder in the mid range but who cares... it pulls hella hard no matter how you slice it.

The tuning has yet to be completed (I do my own tuning) but I'm putting on the new HPS 5.4 mustang intake and a set of new prototype longtubes before I get too far into tuning. The new intake will be released in 6-8 weeks and the headers shortly thereafter. HPS is making the intake, I can't specify who's making the headers but they're a major player in the aftermarket.

For anyone interested, I have a 112 page thread on the subject:
Anyone intrested in 5.4L swaps, in here. Need you to opine. - Page 112 - Mustang Forums

and a site devoted to only swapping 5.4's into mustangs:
http://330stangs.s10.forumsplace.com/

Feel free to check em out.

You can see my car at Project TPS Reports

Please no haranging about the low dyno output. It's tuned to bring out that little. No sense in turning the wick all the way up till the parts installs are complete.

Longtube cars see 330-360rwhp and similar tq, shorty header cars see 250-300rwhp depending on the intake option.
r3dn3ck is offline   Reply With Quote