View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #16
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Default Re: Wow! what happened to Mustangworks?

I still check in a few times a year. Like everyone else from the 'old days' (I joined in '97) my life changed - and no longer included Mustangs.

I sold my near-stock '90 LX in 2005 (for $3,000.) I owned it for 15 years and put 125,000 very enjoyable miles on it with no real problems. The guy who bought it said he wanted to 'restore' it. I think he was serious and had the bucks to do it. Unfortunately, I never heard from him again (he lived 40 miles away).

I also got tired of the political arguments that took up so much of my time. My views haven't changed but I came to the realization that bickering on the internet over political differences is mostly a waste of time. Besides, I was usually outnumbered by the 'liberals', which became discouraging. I had many furious arguments and believe I held my own but today, I can't remember any of them.

Today, I have other interests and feel my time on the internet is better used elsewhere. Besides, like Kell (Unit 5302) I've been away from Mustangs a long time. The 5.0 hasn't been manufactured for 15 years so I have little to offer on these message boards anymore.

Still, I enjoyed writing my many, many posts and the time I spent here; from advising folks on 5.0 stuff to the heated 'discussions' about politics that too often ended in name-calling, some of which came from me. Dan McCain (whom I've never met) was always a friend to me but the stresses of moderating a political board while holding opinions mostly contrary to the majority that were posting just became impossible - and I bailed - abruptly. I felt I had no other choice but on hindsight (it's been many years) I wish I'd done it a bit differently.

Thanks to those who remember me and good luck to Dan and the 'newbies' just entering the world of Mustang performance - and looking to make thier 'Stangs even better.

Mr. 5.0