View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 11:54 AM   #36
The_Nightmare_347
Rev. Magus M. Douglas Hockett

Talking Re: Cheap twin turbo kit

Dear CParkinson,

First, let me tell you I have a lot of years of experience, both in mechanics and in racing, both on the streets, and a few times here and there on tracks. I am perhaps the newbie to this message board, but I am no newbie when it comes to designing, building, and racing fast ford and muscle mustangs (along with my mopar and h-d, of course [I am not a "Ford" Person, I am a Shelby Person, and since he worked for Ford, Dodge, Plymouth, etc. I keep my Fords proudly right along side my Dodges and Plymouths, and those next to my Harleys]).

I have done turbo systems, I have done supercharger systems, I have done nitrous on n/a systems, and I have done strictly n/a systems. I can tell you each is different, you drive each differently, each handles different, each has its positives and negatives, and in the end, it all depends on what you want, what kind of driving you are going to be doing, and what is permitted by the rules of the organizations you will be racing under, if you are.

This being said, personally, when I had half ownership of Xtreme Auto Sport and Care LLC in Cincinnatti (before the business partner took off with the prototype I put over $65,000 into and my shop manuals, my tools, my everything - even the award plaque that we won for my design implementation on the K20 Killa Kid [so they named the 04 Honda Civic Si Turbo/Nitrous Direct Port/Nitrous Intercooled 646 rwhp/427tq monster that prototype was]) I had built some rather famous vehicles, and was even dubbed by Joe Alvarez of Alvarez Cylinder Head Technologies in the Bay Area of Ca. as "The person who designs and builds what nobody ever thought to". The K20 Killa Kid, for example, had GReddy Profec B Stand along engine management, on out to a RS Wastegate and Blowoff Valve, on out to a T3-4 Hybred Turbo, on out to 3" piping they did not even have the specs for and sent us diagrams for an Acura RSX-X (which by the way does not come CLOSE to the space you have to work with in a civvy hatch of those years), but we had to fabricate, nearly all pieces by hand, that went to the tubing on that turbo system.

You go where the money is as a shop owner, and that is what puts your next meal on the table, the next trip to the vet for the familiar (I am sorry but I refuse to call animals 'pets'), the next present for the woman of my life, etc., etc., etc. Where I owned shops, mostly mommy and daddy's boys wanted turbo systems. I learned to design them and build them well, therefore. Personally, I am much more a supercharger person, and I am well known to be a bottle head, and juice, aka the need for speed, person on the tracks. I will NOT, however, use any of that on the streets. Be well bros. Keep the rubber side down.