View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 12:47 AM   #52
goodyear1984
Registered Member

Default Re: Which is the real limiting factor on a stock 5.0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC302 View Post
My vote was for the heads but we can't ignore the fact that changing both would be the best combo.
I changed to TW heads with the stock intake and gained a lot ot the track in the coupe a long time ago.
I changed to the Trickflow intake with stock heads and saw almost no gain on the GT. That was also a long time ago too.
im deff with usmc on this .i didnt read every ones post but the stock e7 heads are junk.the ports are small and the valves are small.the stock cam is small,the intake has small long runners which are good for bottom end power.if you put an intake on a on a stock set of heads you really wont see a gain,if u put a cam in a stock motor u wont notice much eaither.i ported a set of e7 heads with a b cam,1.7 rockers,edelbrock performer intake,373 gears,stock headers,bassani x pipe and flowmasters and a 150shot of spray and ran 11.8's. but the amount of time it takes port them or if u dont know how to port them the money you would waste for what u get is not worth it.basically between heads, intake,camshaft none of it works that good as far as performance,they work good togeather but,if u change the heads ur gonna want a cam and intake to match the flow of the heads .if every thing doesnt work togeather you wont get the full potential of the motor..any ways the biggest gain you willl recive on a stock motor will be a set of aluminum heads.the order i would put them in is : heads,cam,intake
347 stroker all forged,arp everything,stud mains w/girdle,7qt pan,full roller, custom cam, aluminum heads swirl valves 5 angle valve job.quick fuel 750,areomotive pump,cobras w/nitto drags,and m/t et drags for the track, ford racing 373 gears,centerforce clutch,tko500,underdrive pulleys,bassani x-pipe,flowmasters
^best et so far 11.6 1.61 60ft coming soon 9sec et's
1992 mustang gt
2001 gmc 1500 4x4
78 century boat
92 skidoo
goodyear1984 is offline   Reply With Quote