[QUOTE=chriswhtmr;321505]I Have A 87 Gt Speed Density, With The Following Mods
E303 Cam
Typhoon Efi Intake
70 Mm T. Body & Egr
24lb Injectors
Underdrive Pullies
Ported Stock Heads
Short Block Is 30 Over Also
The Car Ran Like A Rapped Ape, But Black Smoked Crazy, Fouled All The PLugs Then Died. Removed The Injectors, Installed The 19lbers And Then The Dang Thing Idles At 2000rpm, And Strugles Underload, Throttle Is Really Delayed, You Hear The Throttle Body Suck Before The Engine Revs. This Want The Problem When The Bigger Injectors Were In. It Had Very Quick Throttle Response, Reved Really Good ????? I Need Help So Through Something At Me ,,, Mayby Need To Switch To Mass Air???[/QUOTE

I know exactly what your problem is. You cannot run all those mods with speed density. The biggest problem is your e-cam. That cam HAS to be ran off of mass air flow. When you have an ecm that is set up for speed density, you CAN NOT change anything what so ever. The speed density ecm is set up for only one combonation, and that is factory pre-set tuning. I stuck just the e-cam in mine, and it surged at idle, had a "puk" spot in the throttle, and eventually, it foulded up my plugs, both O2's, and my egr. After i installed a mass air flow conversion kit, had no problems after that.
walmic679 is offline   Reply With Quote