View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
Bowtietraitor
Former Tuned-Port addict...

Default 90GT vert needs airbag help

Hello all,

Another noob here needing advice on my first ford. I just picked up a 1 owner 112k tripple black 90GT vert in really nice shape, or so I thought, until I started debugging the dash & found my share of troubles...

After replacing the flashers(not where the book says...) and all the bulbs in the dash while installing a new speedo cable I found that not only does my cruise not work, but I also have the airbag light on constantly. I've tried to get the srs module to flash out- to no avail the light just stays on. I've done enough research to know the clocksprings in these are suspect, and since there are no new ones to be had(I called 2 dozen dealers nationwide & also talked to the R&D people at Dorman about making them...) I went ahead & ordered a used one from Robbie at MPS along with the module and external power supply. I figured since I'm throwing parts at it I'd hit the big 3 to start with, at least this way if it doesn't fix it it'll at least give me a code- right?

So anyway- no cruise, airbag light always on w/ no codes... am I on the right track? Any info would be appreciated. Also- does anyone have good diagnostic charts for these systems? Alldata doesn't have anything past generic, and my solus scanner doesn't troubleshoot dino-tech... Unless there's another diagnostic connector other than the ford-1A or 1B that I'm not aware of??? My Solus menu doesn't show anything...

Thanks!

Last edited by Bowtietraitor; 12-16-2010 at 09:23 PM..
Bowtietraitor is offline   Reply With Quote