View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 07:32 AM   #49
StangFlyer
Founder

Default Re: Anyone here I remember?

I'm here.

I hear what you're saying, although I have been able to hold onto my Lightning and Mustang thus far.

I had modified my Mustang into such a beastie back in the day I was just wrenching on it all the time, racing it, breaking it, and repeating the cycle. I finally threw the wrench against the wall one day about 7 years ago and said screw it. It's been on jack stands ever since.

I pulled the engine out last year finally and slowly started working on it. Maybe I'll put it back together in 2014... or, maybe not. We'll see. But, if I do rather than beating on it at the track where I am putting 800 hundred ft/lbs to the ground I will probably just drive it on the street here and there where I won't break it so I can just enjoy it.

I've never done anything more to the Lightning than a full exhaust system, drive it when it's nice in the summer, and I've had zero issue with it all these years. I enjoy it precisely because it's an enjoyable vehicle I don't have to screw with all the time. 60K miles, in very clean condition, and runs like new (and can also tow my car with it ).
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote