View Single Post
Old 05-08-1999, 03:43 PM   #1
Michael Grossman
Registered Member

Default 68 convertible worth

I have a 68 conv. that has taken me 5 years to complete and I want to know how much it is worth.

I replaced the inner frame rails, floors and every other rust problem. The underside has been blasted and painted. The body has been stipped to the bare metal and painted a gorgeous red that had been color sanded. It has a white power top and magnum 500 wheels w/ Goodyear Eagle GTs. The suspension has been upgraded w/ front and rear sway bars and all poly bushings. KYB gas adjust shocks and Shelby underide traction bars along w/ Global West subframe connectors.

The trans. is a built C-4 w/ a TCI Sat. Nite Special torque converter sending power to a 3.50 geared 9" traction loc rear. The motor is a built 302 w/ a Performer RPM intake and cam. It has fully ported and polished Ford cast iron heads w/ Manley valves and a 3 angle valve job w/ Comp Cams roller rockers. The cam is a Lunati Bracket master and lifters w/ a Cloyes True roller timing chain. All ARP bolts used and a Boss 302 windage tray. Distributor is recurved w/ a Pertronix ignitor. Shelby Tri-Y headers into a 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent exhaust system w/ Flowmaster 3 chamber mufflers. Also has SSB front power disc brakes.

Car has everything new or replaced and runs like a bat out of hell.

Not sure what worth, but need an estimate for insurance purposes. I think I prob. spent too much on this project and know I will not get what I put into it, but a rough estimate would help. No pic yet, but absolutely beatiful.
Michael Grossman is offline   Reply With Quote