View Single Post
Old 01-27-2001, 11:52 PM   #1
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Question 351 stroked to 408 + a Vortech S-trim@14# boost, good or bad?

Ok, here's the deal, I am thinking about starting another project car, and I have the budget for a 408 stroker, and I already have the Vortech. Keep in mind that as soon as this car gets done, it will see the road on a weekly, if not daily basis. Is this too much for the street? And which heads and cam should I go with? I plan on using a Fox based notch, with 3.55's or 3.27's. Subframes are a must, as is a T-56. The rest is kinda open for debate. I was thinking about TFS, Edelbrock, or AFR heads. Cam wise, I am lost. I have no clue which direction I want to go in. I do want to be in the 10-9 sec. range on the strip with DR's. I hope this is enough info to get some of you thinking. Thanks in advance!!

------------------
1989 GT- Vortech blown 306, Anderson 3" power pipe, Vortech S-Trim 14# boost, MSD-6BTM, black wrinkle finish Cobra valve covers(woohoo), world class T-5, 3.55 gears, custom sub-frame connectors, Cobra grille insert and rear valance, Saleen "whale" wing, 4 wheel disc conversion, est 1/4mile time of 10.5+/-
1994 Cobra- MAC cold air fender kit, Motorsport underdrive pulley's, MAC 21/2" off-road H pipe, SVO mufflers, 3.73 gears, E-303 cam, 13.417@101.335mph
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote