View Single Post
Old 08-05-2001, 01:02 AM   #10
66 Racer
Registered Member

Well, if you think Mustangs Plus is overpriced, check out california Mustang. Some of their items are like $10-20 more than other places. I live about 10mins from them and only buy from them because they are the only place i know of out here, i have heard of this othert Mustang place that sells a lot of mods for em, but the people that have told me about it arnt sure how to get there, or of the exact name of the place. Oh, and Cali mustang doesnt even sell any aftermarket parts, although they do have a good inventory of original parts.

After taking my car to a shop for a new clutch, a centerforce i believe the unit was called the dual force clutch, i noticed my steering needs some GREAT attention, Im planning on going to M+ for them. With the suspension, the more i look at it in the M+ Cat., the more i want to get the Total control suspension components, they look like solid parts, way stronger than stock parts, the uppper control arms look like they are out of my league, $650 for something that will be a small increase in the suspension is out of the ball park, i rather put that torwards edel heads. Not that i wouldnt put them in later on. I might go with the M+ parts for now and put the total ones later on, my car is in the ealry stages of my restoration, it needs a lot of attention in different areas, although it runs solid, performance is midpoint. ESPECIALLY with the stock 3spd man tranny!

Their 5leaf performance L springs look good, but would it be over kill on a 66 289 coupe? or would the 4 1/2 be right for my application, i planning to go with them in the standard eye position, i want to give the car an aggressive look that only muscle cars can have, with the 620 coils in front. I also want enough clearance in the back for some big meats as soon as i can come up with cash for the rims and tires.

Im building this car up to be king of the road, something that all crappy rice rockets will fear, not that already dont, heh heh.

Also guys, are there any all out well known suspension companies that do everything for the mustang including springs. I have only seen parts for global and total out of the M+ catalog, and most other cats i have dont even have anything near these companies.

Thanks guys
Happy Racing

------------------
Under Construction 66 Coupe
-289 V8 4 barrel Holley 600cfm carb - Headers - Flowmaster 2 1/2 dual exaust
66 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote