View Single Post
Old 05-05-1999, 04:37 PM   #1
CobrasVenom89
Registered Member

Default Whats the real scoop on Street Outlaw and Renegade?

I went to FF Houston last weekend and watched my freinds from Texas Jam win all the classes they chose to race in. well heres my beef.. I was just reading this websites FAQ on the Renegade and the Outlaw classes and they seem to be way outa date.. Or that Certain High dollar sponcer cars are allowed some leway in the rules.... Under Rengade section it specifically states that no aftermarket Sheetmetal and or box type intakes are allowed.. well the Upper Intake on the Texas Jam Sponcered Chip Haverman car that won the event and set new NHRA records on saturday had a Vortech Powerbox for his upper intake.. nearly the same box that is Used on the Texas Star Outlaw (soon to be pro) car... Also it states that the stock seats must be used and no gutting is allowed.. well this car also has Recaro or Flofit drag racing style seats in it. and his competeitive ET was off the scale... he ran 9.7s in Renegade at Houston.
And won the class easily noone was even near this car in performance and Horsepower.
So is this Sites FAQ up to date? or is a sponcer car getting away with murder?

------------------
Texas Jam Prepped 89 LX 306ci Forged Flat top pistons ARP bolts, balanced,Blueprinted 65 289 heads Lunati Custom NOS grind cam Holcomb Aluminum intake 1.7 rockers NOS etc etc etc. ask if you want more see the car Fun Ford Houston
CobrasVenom89 is offline   Reply With Quote