View Single Post
Old 05-05-1999, 06:05 PM   #2
jchambers

The rules summary given on the Mustang Works site is somewhat out of date. It is not, however, meant to be a replacement for the official Fun Ford Weekend Series Rulebook anyways. You should always consult the current rulebook for the complete class rules and consult with the FFW Tech Director (George Klass) if there are any interpretations you'd like clarified. I don't know if/when there are any plans to bring the rules summary on this site up to date (you'd have to check with Dan on that one).

I do know that they tore Chip down on Saturday evening and he was found to be in complete compliance with the rules. That is the only way that he'd be allowed to compete on Sunday. As far as the seats go, I think there's a basic interpretation (that has been explained many times) that allowable seats include light-weight replacements as long as they are properly upholstered. George may be able to clarify this. As far as the intake goes, I couldn't say on this since I didn't look at Chip's car this past weekend other than to see him lay down some amazing passes. Sponsored car or not, everyone is expected to play by the rules and will be punished accordingly if they are found not to be in compliance (as was demonstrated at the Atlanta event).

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.60 Seconds/109.0 MPH