View Single Post
Old 04-12-2001, 02:39 AM   #8
84stangLX

I say be unique and try the cleveland. The 2 Barrel clevelands have excellent street heads that have over 2 inch valves stock, the 4 Barrel heads have ports that are about twice as large as windsor ports (i've seen it, just about messed myself). You can basically use the stock heads for a mean street machine without modifying them, rather than windsor heads where they are a bottleneck in the system without modification or replacement. The 4 barrel head cleveland would absolutely scream in your car, and the 2 barrel would also. Depending on the year head you get, you may want to mill the heads to get a higher compression ratio. I've heard the 2 barrel head clevelands make a better street machine head because they aren't as radical and have more lowend response because of slightly smaller ports and valves (i may be wrong on the valves). Those clevelands are heavy breathing engines, so with matching parts, your car would be insane. Well whatever you decide, good luck.

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 T5, FMS aluminum radiator & 180* thermostat, 1 5/8 shortys/2.5" duals, '88 GT tail lights and wheels, Holley 4160 4 BBL, smog pump idler, now with hi-po collapsed lifters in #3 or #4