View Single Post
Old 03-03-2001, 01:02 AM   #11
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

well i put the pressure tester on the radiator neck and found 3 leaks and fixed them all, then filled up with coolant and it was fine, drove it for about 25 minutes hard and the temp stayed where it always used to, then i let it sit for a couple hours and then drove it and the same damn thing, the temp skyrocketed again, when i checked the pressure before that i pumped it up to 16lbs and let it sit and it dropped very slowly (2lbs in 30min) and i couldnt hear any leaks at all after i fixed the 3 beforementioned leaks havent pressure checked it after this drive because i just got back, if the thermostat was bad then i wouldnt feel the coolant going through the upper hose right? so i think that the stat is fine, i dont know im just pulling my hair out and throwing things out there

------------------
88 Notchback 5.0, 3.73's, Explorer intake, pulleys, Crane 1.7's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframe connectors, 65mm TB, shift kit, March ram air kit, motorsport wires, MSD coil, upper and lower control arms, 155lph fuel pump, cheap 2800 stall, Crane Adj.FPR, best time- 13.99@99.75, not yet tested times after rocker and intake install
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote