View Single Post
Old 02-20-2001, 01:55 AM   #2
stockrodder
Registered Member

Ok... 450-500 hp you say? thats reaching the limit for the stock 302 block itself... but it should suffice granted you dont pound on it too hard. Now the rotating assembly would need to be upgraded to forged pistions and h beam rods if you want it to last a while. To get that much hp you would definately need to upgrade your fuel system. Adj. Regulatr, 155 lph pump, 24-30 lb injectors also... preferably 30. You could get buy with a cobra intake...but it really depends on what rpm range that you want the most power to come from. A larger TB and Maf would make the hp come a bit easier as well. Now heads...i have my heart set on AFR heads myself...have been hearng good things about them, but holley or edlebrock have great heads as well. Cams can be tricky... but you should be able to go to a performance shop and list the combination that you want and what you want your beast to be for and they can suggest a good cam for the job. OR you can start reaserching and learn about all the stuff yourself and make it that much more fun and feel prouder of the car and what you've accomplished with your own effort. Have fun.
stockrodder is offline   Reply With Quote