Thread: IPS QUESTIONS
View Single Post
Old 12-17-1999, 11:22 AM   #7
Skankin
Registered Member

Thanks guys. I actually saw the article on the cool tan stang, and called Corey quite some time ago. I was very impressed with everything that IPS offered, and was hoping to do some serious modifications this winter.
I also keep a watchful eye on the spirited discussions on the musclestang board ;-)

Unfortunately I'm just a student though, and don't have the money to go with a complete rear end kit. I'm really just a spirited driver (ie. I've never had the opportunity to drive a real track), so the dynamic shaw link may be a little over kill (ie. the front would be severely lacking).

I do think that ditching the UCA's and going with a real lateral locator (none of this binding crap) would certainly provide me with a much more balanced car.

Anyway, I've already picked up some cobra rockers and an Al drive shaft to get this winters project started. I've got 150K Km on the old 5L now, and I imagine the valve springs are about shot... so I plan to put a new set of heads on it. The GT40P heads will certainly suit my budget, and I like their flow characteristics. They'll certainly provide the low-end streetable torque I want. I'm hoping to find an intake for a reasonable price too... so ya, this winter I'm looking for a little more power (I just did a budget suspension overhaul last winter).

------------------
Skankin

'89.5 5L LX, hatch, Medium Canyon Red, 140Km (Never seen a Canadian winter), 5sp, 3.08, GT interior, a/c, Alpine CD, Ram Air, K/N, Crane PS91, Walbro 190 LPH, March Pulleys, 180 therm, 3 core rad, Polygraphite front bushings, FMS-5300B springs, 6 KYB's, 73mm Calipers, Maximum Motorsport 4pt chassis brace, and Western Motorsport Racing's Sub-frame connectors.
http://phystutor.tripod.com/stang/index.html

Skankin is offline   Reply With Quote