MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-24-1999, 01:54 AM   #1
Mo65
Registered Member

Default 1' aftermarket lowered coil springs

I want to drop my 65 Mustang by using the 1' aftermarket lowered coil springs. I heard that with these springs the front tires scrape to the sides of the fenders and the car looses it's soft suspension. Could some one who has those springs could actually tell me if that information I was told is true. Thanks and I appreciate anyone who replies.

------------------
Moises Plasencia
Mo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-1999, 12:46 PM   #2
todd_newton
Registered Member

Moises, you should not have any trouble with your tires rubbing if you are using stock or close to stock size rims and tires, with the proper backspacing. You should also not loose your "soft ride" if you stick to stock spring rates or you might want to go to the GT spring rate for a little stiffer ride. Now if you go to the 620 or some other higher spring rate you will get a much stiffer ride. I would suggest you look at the mustangs plus web page http://mustangsplus.com for some spring options I purchased my springs front and rear from them and love them.

Good luck

todd
todd_newton is offline   Reply With Quote