MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-09-2002, 10:57 PM   #1
Torinalth
Registered Member

Default new engine

now some of yall know I will be doing a Turbo or a TT setup to get to my desired 650 HP. I have two choices with the engine, get a built engine and get the kit for it, or get a already built and setup turn key motor from TDC......

also, when I have the engine in pieces what color should I paint the engine, and what parts...... my GT is silver and will have a silver black and dark blue theme to it,...... going to go mythical and replace the mustang symbols with that of a werewolf. I just gotta be different.

anyhow, what do yall think?

Torinalth
Old 07-10-2002, 09:28 AM   #2
Torinalth
Registered Member

also something I just thought about. since reading the thread of mach1 Vs GT...... the Mach 1 has the same block as the cobra just different intake manifold, hence no blower. so another option could be getting a cobra engine with the turbo..... and how hard would it be to swap out the GT for the cobra engine? if it is really minor things, or nothing then I think the extra valves and setup would make for great power, since the same turbo kit on a cobra does some odd 150 more HP.

thoughts?

Torinalth
Old 07-11-2002, 09:35 AM   #3
COUSIN ROB
Registered Member

Lightbulb

Colors are personal. If you want to show it you will want to choose carefully. Black and silver are easier to match. Blue might be more difficult . For appearance keeping the colors basically the same would look best, not alot of different colors. I don't know much about what color parts are available but if you stick to black and silver they wouldn't be hard to match. Silver would look good with polished and machined metal. Black goes good with the rubber tubes. One thing i don't like is the red blue aluminum fittings. Some guys use those and they don't match engine block color. Especially with chev orange block with red and blue fittings....looks like a phillapino circus. I personally would go silver/black.
COUSIN ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 06:09 PM   #4
Torinalth
Registered Member

well, I think I'm going to go a bit different route..... anything that is metal that is not chrome will be painted, either powder coated or hosed with ultra high temp enamel paint.I was debating about doing a nuclear theme to it all. getting either a biohazard or Radiation warning sign painted on the underside of the hood. and all hoses will be loomed with color that I choose. was kinda debating neon blue and green..... but I dunno..... still playing with the idea..... I like themes to large projects.

Torinalth
Old 07-15-2002, 09:45 AM   #5
COUSIN ROB
Registered Member

Actually that sounds pretty cool. I guess I was thinking a bit more conservative. I like your idea.
COUSIN ROB is offline   Reply With Quote