MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-20-2001, 05:01 PM   #1
ARMYMANUS
Registered Member

Question can someone help me

hello i was wondering what all i would have to do to change my mustang from an automatic to a manual trans. how much it would cost, n what all i would need.
ARMYMANUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 07:54 PM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Moved to Windsor Power forum.

------------------
Mr. 5.0
Messageboard Administrator
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 08:31 PM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb

Now that we have your post in the right place (the tech forum) I'll attempt to give you a 'ballpark' answer.

You'll need the obvious parts:
A manual transmission (new or used), flywheel (new), bellhousing, complete (new) clutch set-up - disc, PP, throw-out and pilot bearings, pedals (from a wrecked Mustang with a manual transmission), clutch cable (new), shifter, boot and some minor parts. Cost could run from $1000. (with cheap parts and a used T-5 transmission - doing your own labor) to well over $2,000.

Lots of variables, especially in parts availability and prices as well as how much (if any) labor you can do yourself.
Professional mechanics are expensive and you need to include this cost (if applicable) to your total estimate for a tranny swap.

The good news: parts are easily available and this is a common swap that works well.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 01:34 AM   #4
ARMYMANUS
Registered Member

Cool

thank you very much, all i have to basicaly do is just swap out tranies, and run the cables right. do you think it would be to much of a hassel to give me step by step instructions? it would realy help alot.
Old 06-21-2001, 07:53 AM   #5
Blown95GT
Registered Member

WWW.stangparts.com sells complete kits using a mix of new and used parts. They will modify it to your needs and budget.

------------------
Black on black '95 GT convertible, 9# Powerdyne, SVO Motorsports intake, 65mm TB, 75mm Pro-m supercharger calibration, 30# injectors, 190 FMS fuel pump, Kirban FPR, 1.7 Cobra rockers, SmartSpark, JMS chip, MAC headers, Borla cat back, FMS 'Z' trans (was AODE), Pro-50 shifter with Steeda Tri-ax handle, 3.27 gears, Kenny Brown subs, Bilstein shocks & struts, H&R race springs, Maximum Motorsports LCA’s & CC plates, K&N filter. 180 deg stat, Saleen twin gauge pod, S281 wing, ‘96 Cobra wheels.
Blown95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 08:05 AM   #6
Chris_H
Registered Member

Talking

Hey Armyman, I'm down in Las Cruces if you ever need any help. I have a friend here in town that is about to do the same swap with his Mustang. Drop me an email sometime and I'll let you know whats going on.

Chris
Chris_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 02:59 PM   #7
ARMYMANUS
Registered Member

well thank you very much, when i get ready to do it i will write you n ask for some help. thanks

army man