MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-11-2003, 10:19 PM   #1
ken testa
Registered Member

Question 1970 mach 1 power steering hoses

I am replacing the incorrect power steering hoses on my 1970 Mach 1 428CJ with factory correct reproduction hoses. I also purchased the hose bracket which holds the two power steering hoses and is mounted on the lower front suspension arm. I am wondering if someone can tell me or show me the proper routing of the hoses. One hose has a 90 degree fitting on it. I can't figure out where the 90 elbow should be located in relation to the bracket. Also the metal tubing on the valve end of the hoses is bent in a certain way but can be position several different ways. If I place the 90 elbow front side of the bracket it appears that the hose is too tight between the bracket and the control valve. If I try to mount the elbow rear side of the bracket it doesn't fit either. I would like to properly route the hoses per original factory routing. Can someone send me a photo of their 1970 mach 1 power steering hoses or does someone have a shop manual drawing or picture to help me out. Many thanks. Ken Testa, Long Island, NY
ken testa is offline   Reply With Quote