Thread: 2 questions
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2002, 07:53 PM   #3
Kisner
Registered Member

The hood and trunk letters on the 67 are mounted via holes and held by barrell nuts. Don't know of any templates available since I also looked for a trunk letter template for my 68. However, I do have a back issue of "Mustang Monthly" magazine I held on to that lists exact placement of the letters. I can dig it out and give you the exact locations of where the letters should be if you like. It doesn't measure where to drill the holes but measures from the left side of the hood and trunk lid to the left side of where each letter should be.

One recommendation I would make (my 2 cents) is to not drill the holes on the trunk lid. The early model Mustang trunk lids were notorious for rusting out right behind the bottom lip of the lid where the letters are mounted. Primarily because the holes eventually allowed water in to settle in the lower cavity. Mine was so rusted out I had to purchase a new trunk lid and have decided to use the stick-on letters instead (they're identical to the push in type). In addition, it was going to be a nightmare for me to drill 2 holes per letter and pray each one was perfect.
Kisner is offline   Reply With Quote