MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-10-2001, 07:24 PM   #1
MidniteWrider
Registered Member

Red face Proportioning Valve

Hello I am the guy who needed help a few weeks back "New Brake Booster - Need Help" 6/15/01. I would like to thank everyone who replied for the help.

I tried to reset the valve and it did not work seeing that it was original I decided to replace it. I ordered a rebuilt one from NPD. (PN 2B091-20A) I have a problem, the valve I got looks different that the one I removed. The new valve has three inlets in the top, one in each end and two more in the bottom. Plus it's mounting bracket bolts are positioned horizontally. The valve I pulled off has three inlets in the top, one in the front and two more in the bottom, and the mounding bracket bolts are positioned vertically.

I figured that I would have to drill a new hole in the inner apron to accomidate for the different bolt patteren. I just don't know what I am supposed to do with the extra inlet. Do I block it off? If so which one do I block? I am in the process on running new lines and I want to bend them to the correct positions. The new valve is physically larger than the old one and although one might thing that I would just block off the one that doesn't exist in the old valve in this case that would be the back one, I am just not sure. Any input would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

------------------
68 Hardtop
Formerly a 6 now a slightly built 289 C4/shift kit.
Tri Y Headers.
Borla Exhaust.
American Racing Rims.

MidniteWrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 09:14 AM   #2
MidniteWrider
Registered Member

Talking

I guess I answered my own question, but I wanted to post it here so that it may be helpful to someone else if needed.

Well I called NPD and they informed me that this is replacement part that is intended to accomidate 65-73 Mustangs therefore they added the extra inlet at the back of the valve to accomidate the 70's systems. So therefore I should just block off the rear inlet. All is good. I can now go and finish running my lines.

------------------
68 Hardtop
Formerly a 6 now a slightly built 289 C4/shift kit.
Tri Y Headers.
Borla Exhaust.
American Racing Rims.

MidniteWrider is offline   Reply With Quote