View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 02:18 PM   #6
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Default Looks like the heads got to go

I still think the 351 is the answer, but I will agree the heads are choking the motor...but they have the 1.9-1.6 valves, 3 angle valve job...so what if I ported and polished these/little bowl work, shouldn't that open them up?? I am never going to probably get the compression way up on this 302, cause of those dished pistons.

I love my aod, I see a lot of guys rip on them, but with my bauman shift kit, the thing shifts hard and crisp. When I did the swap (c4-aod) about 4 years ago, I could find very little literature on it. Now there are a lot of aftermarket pieces out there that make it real nice and easy.

In my opinion, u got to go with a pair of shorty headers with this swap, I kept my longtubes (they are about to be replaced), but there was a lot of heating and bending to them so they would clear everything. Another big thing, is the aftermarket TV cable--this is a must, works so nice, takes a lot of headaches out of the swap. If you would like to know more hints on this, let me know, unfortunately when I did the swap, I did just about everything wrong the first time, then had to redo it to make it write.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote