MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-27-1999, 11:52 PM   #1
mach72
Registered Member

Cool new cleveland running (long)

Hey guys, I've got the new cleveland back in and it runs well. I've only put about 10 miles on it in moderate traffic so I haven't even got into the cleveland's power range yet. I will say that I have had to get out of the throttle a few times while easing into the throttle accellerating from about 25 to 50 mph because the back tires were breaking loose. I sure I have some fine tuning to do though, any suggestions appreciated. I only get about 10" of vac. at 800 rpm in gear(auto), but it goes up to 13 when I put it in P. Initial timing is set at 16, with 14 more centrifugal in by 2500. Engine specs are: BLOCK-4 bolt bored .030 and honed with torque plate, decks squared, line honed, and balanced. rods rebuilt with ARP bolts, Keith Blach hypereutectic pistons(trw were on national backorder and couldn't say when they would be available), sealed power moly rings with end gaps set up for possible nos later (hee,hee). Crank ground 10/10(lower limit) with oil holes chamfered. Bearing clearances were set at .025" on rods and mains. Oil restrictors, blueprinted HV pump, external oil line (all from MPG). Boss oil pan with baffle and scraper. Cam (hyd. from Cam Research) is 291/300 dur.(226/235 at .o5o) lift is .540 I, .560 E, 111 l.s.a. Cloyes double roller chain and timing gears. HEADS- 4V cleveland open chamber with polished chambers and exhaust ports, modified for manley screw in studs and guideplates, Cam Research springs, Manley stainless valves (single groove, 2.24" I, 1.71" E). Cam Research keepers and retainers (chromemoly). Harland Sharp roller rockers, TFS hardened pushrods(8.150"). INDUCTION- MPG port plates, Edelbrock F-351 4V intake (same as performer), Holley 750 vac. sec. with sec. metering block and quick change spring housing (currently using stock jets at 72 pri. and 79 sec. with purple spring and no check ball). Also using Holley mech. fuel pump. EXHAUST- MPG port plates, Dynomax 1 3/4" primary tube headers, stock 2 1/4" exhaust with unknown turbo mufflers(will change to Dynomax mufflers and 2 1/2" exhaust later). Trans is a C6 with CJ 2800 stall converter. Diff is 3.70 open with 28 spline axles (will got to 3.90 and trac loc later). Car weighs 3500# w/ driver. I am hoping for mid 13's or better next spring. Thanks guys, Tom
mach72 is offline   Reply With Quote