MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-14-1999, 11:41 AM   #1
Dr Destructo
Registered Member

Default 351C Parts

I recently acquired a '71 351C-2V to replace the 302 I have in my '69 coupe. What are some good sources of performance parts? I'm probably going to replace the crank, rods, pistons, valves, springs, etc. I haven't decided yet what I'd like to do with the heads. From what I've seen, the 2V heads are just as good as the 4V until you get to the higher lifts. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Dr Destructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-1999, 11:49 PM   #2
Shaggy
Registered Member

Having raced Cleveland I would use the stock crank and rods depending how fast you want to go. I have turned the stock crank and rods to 7000 with consistent success. Just get your crank shot peened and you rods put ARP rod bolt and get them stress relieved and use ARP bolt every where. If you are going to put it on the street stay with the 2-v heads. In my current Cleveland street car I am running 12.9's and I have about a grand in the motor mainly from using the stock parts (most stock Cleveland parts are pretty stout) where I could since I am not spraying it I ran hypertecnic pistons. Just remember Cleveland love the rev's so don't be afraid to rev it.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote