MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-17-2002, 01:53 AM   #1
tazman2cool
Registered Member

Default 351w in a 1976 mustang 2

i have a 351w that i am going to rebuilt and i just got a 1976 ford mustang 2 i wont to put it in it can anybody tell me if i would have to do alot of work to make it fit need all the info i can get thanks
tazman2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 08:41 PM   #2
LongBow
Registered Member

I will be doing the same thing soon. The only problem I foresee is hood clearance. Might have to figure out some way to add some extra height to the hood, cause I don't know of anyone that makes aftermarket hoods (or much of anything else) for the 74-78.
LongBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 03:00 AM   #3
rbohm
Registered Member

Cool

the 351w will fit but you do have to use a hood scoop on the ll. it will bolt to the stock V8 mounts, but you will need a custom oil pan, and you will either need to use the Mll 302 flexplate/flywheel, or you will need to massage the tunnel for clearance. you guys miht try www.mustangii.net/index.asp i found them when i was thinking of replacing my grand marquis with a mustang ll.
by a band who died in a plane crash.

fordsix.com admin
rbohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 10:12 AM   #4
CobraII76
Registered Member

A tad late but I guess better late then never. The 351 will fit and bolt into the II body. You will need the Mustang II bellhousing for the C-4 or the 4 speed if going that route 68 Falcon 302 mounts will lower the engine in the chassis 1/4 inch but the oil pan will rub the rack if not massaged a bit. Headers will be a big problem There are Windsor swap headers out there for the Pinto that can be made to work the Headman Mustang II headers will work with a few mods the Cast iron exhaust manifolds fit just fine. As for transmission choices the T-5 will go in with a few mods the AOD is harder to get in, But I did it. With the falcon mounts and a NO rise intake it should fit under the hood with a drop base aircleaner