MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-08-2002, 12:38 AM   #1
Vitriol
Registered Member

Question '65 Kickdown Linkage

I'm converting a friend's '65 Mustang with a 289 to a four-barrel setup. Edelbrock Performer 289 intake manifold, and Edelbrock four-barrel. I've got everything back together except for one thing.

The kickdown linkage. I've installed the adapter plate included with the manifold, and the Ford linkage adapter onto the carb. The throttle linkage is flipped and working great. I bolted the kickdown linkage onto the adapter plate and clipped the rod onto one of the arms. The other arm has a spring hooked into it.

This is where I'm lost. I thought I took pictures of it before I disassembled it, but apparently I didn't. I've still got the old two-barrel carb mounted onto the old cast iron intake. For the life of me, I can't remember how the V-shaped assembly actually attaches to the carb linkage. The old two-barrel is a rebuilt, so it has a stud for a kickdown rod that comes all the way up from the transmission, like my Maverick. So does the new carb.

Does anybody have an explanation, a diagram, or a picture of what it at least originally looked like?

Also, does it matter which intake runner the vacuum line for the transmission modulator is plugged into? In the old manifold it was screwed into a high (passenger's side) runner. I reshaped the line to allow it to mate with the new manifold, but I could only get it into a low (driver's side) runner.

Thank you for any help.
Vitriol is offline   Reply With Quote