MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-16-2004, 09:51 AM   #1
hunting4bear
Registered Member

Default 66 update

well i got all the parts out of the interior and trunk and found in one the complete peddle set up for manual tranny plus more then i expected plus guy dropped off 2 complete interior boxes with visors kick panels etc this morning. so now have two complete front and rear bumpers grilles and most interior parts in both black and parchment/palomino.

But alas found a bad spot on drivers rear trunk i will need to fix where it wraps to valance and the lower inner trunk drops at that side and a soft spot directly above valance where the panel makes the turn to top of gas tank just to the right hand side of the left tail light so looks like some rear metal work to do there. the only other spot needing repair is drivers side floor pan where someone beat or cut a hole almost center of front pan just below the peddles like they were trying to access something from below.
i also found a spot in the seam of front left fender to cowl area where someone stuck some silicone sealent in so may need to look up underneath dash are inner cowling i think to see if they are rusted at outter corners but i cant see any bad spots looking down in from above a little dirt but no apparent rust

the truck is now here that was going to donate the motor and tranny for the 66 stang but i have a seriou question to get answers for...... truck is a 1979 f100 with a 302 and its a c6 tranny not a C4....... here is question can an earlier 3 spd for mustang bellhousing and tranny bolt up to this motor ???
motor is a 1979 302 with 2 bbl carb, dura spark ignition nothing special YET ( evil grin )

and thanks guys for all the greetings and welcoming me here and stuff you have passed along already for info

Dave
hunting4bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 11:23 AM   #2
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

I want to say it would bolt, but I'm not dead sure. what is the bolt pattern on the c-6? Worse case scenario, you'll need a new bellhousing/adaptor.
Anybody?
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote