MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2005, 01:43 PM   #1
frappy
Registered Member

Default 67 , convert, new rims hit fenders on sharp turns

Hi,
I have 67 mustang and got new 14" rims and tires so that we could install disc brakes on the front.

After installing the disc brakes the tires now rub on the outside edge of the tire on sharp turns, rubbing against some part of the fender.
I did not drive the car much before the disc breaks were put on , so do not know if it rub also before the disc brakes were put on with the new rims. My brother inlaw thinks the disk brakes might have push the tire out a bit.

My father in law states that we needed to get rims that have more 'backspace?' which would push the tire in closer and give enough clearance. I am wondering if there are any other solutions, besides messing with the fender or getting new rims and tires... For example, I do not think the front shocks are new, if they were newer , would that raise the front up? Or is there a way of adding lift so that the fender (front sits a bit hirer off the tire... Or is the right way to get new rims that sit in more...
frappy is offline   Reply With Quote