MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-10-2004, 08:04 PM   #1
Cain Mosni
Registered Member

Question '67 Mustang

I'm looking at a Mustang, but I dont know anything about these cars. I dont know what I should look for, what I should be wary of, whats good whats bad etc. The person who's selling it, asked me to make the first offer...but Im lost? Im a broke student, and I plan to fix the car up over time. I was told that the car has a rebuilt engine, whatever that means, but I've never seen it move from this spot in like a yr. I enclosed pix, cuz I want you guys to check it out and let me know what you think? Any feedback would be great.

PS. I dont know how to post my pix, so Im gonna try to put them in the gallery
Old 08-10-2004, 08:19 PM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

Default Ruist?

One of the most difficult to repair correctly and most expensive problems , is rust. It oiccurs in the inner body and floor pans most often and can be difficult to detect. If I were in your shoes, I would hire an expert to go with me and inspect the car before any money changes hands. Get the expert from your local Mustang club and pay him for what he knows. It will save you big bucks in the long run. Don't be afraid to consult an expert. That's my $.02.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 08:30 PM   #3
Cain Mosni
Registered Member

Default rust?

hey thanks. any tips on how I'd go about finding a Mustang club? and you said I'd have to pay the expert, but about how much do guys like that charge to look at a car. would I have to take it somewhere to have it lifted up, or would he just be able to look at it where it is. also, how do you post pix here? is there some trick, cuz mine arent showing
Old 08-10-2004, 08:50 PM   #4
Rev
Registered Member

Default Atlanta

Just do it on line. Do a search for Atlanta Mustangs, etc and then email them. Depending on hoiw thorough you want the inspection will determine how much you pay. I would think you could get some to help you with a cursory inspection for maybe $50/hr or maybe a little more. Decide how much "expertise" you require and make a deal with someone for the inspection. High expertise and extended time will cost a lot. Short time and limited consultation are of course less $.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 11:20 PM   #5
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Look over to the left side of your monitor, and click on Club List, there are 3 or 4 listings for Atlanta. There was a listing on the Mustang Club of America for Mustang Power House of Atlanta, but it appears to be mostly modified late models.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote