MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-06-1999, 11:13 PM   #1
CobraAC
Registered Member

Question 68 Hi-Po Questions

I have a few questions to ask.. Any help or input would be GREATLY appreciated.. I have a 68 Mustang with a 302 Hi-Po engine.. And my first question is, I have a breather cap on it that has the opening on the side where it looks like a hose should go, does one go there and if so where does it lead to? And I also don't know if this is just a special one in my case or if it happens to mustangs often or not, but I noticed whenever I take sharp right turns or not even real sharp turns but when I turn the wheel to the right, the radio and electrical(headlights) flicker a lot.. I suspect it is a faulty wire, any idea where I should start looking? I'm fairly amateur if you couldn't already tell =) But any help is appreciated.. Thanks a lot!

Jeff
CobraAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-1999, 01:37 AM   #2
66fastback
Registered Member

It sounds as if your electrical problem is a systems wide event. I would check all the major connections--battery, altenator, starter solenoid, ignition switch, and all major connectors, like the one that comes through the firewall. Good luck, these kind of problems can be really hard to pin down. Take your time, and go through each connection, eventually you will find your culprit.
66fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-1999, 09:14 AM   #3
Clark Rodgers
Registered Member

It sounds like good advice on the electrical problem keep looking for a loose or bad connection. The breather cap has a hose connection that goes to your air filter assy. The problem there is most of us have something other than the original air cleaner that's why you don't see a connection.There are alot of different types of caps available that have a filter built in to eliminate the need of the hose. The main thing is to allow the engine to vent, do not install a cap that does not allow the engine to breathe.
Clark Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-1999, 12:22 PM   #4
Dark Knight
Registered Member

make sure the block is grounded to firewall too...should be a wire from intake to firerwall...might have come loose...

------------------
84 convt,'95 302, performer
3.55's, underdrives shorties
and a '68 stang that WAS nasty ;-)

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: