MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-07-2002, 02:00 PM   #1
BlackFireN2O
Registered Member

Question Should I Run a Carb or EFI Setup? Please Help

I'd like to know the pros and cons of both the carb and efi setup. Which would be better for a street/strip car that will be most likely daily driven. I heard that it is more expensive to go the efi route but how much more does it cost over a carb. Also would the conversion from efi to carb be hard to do. I want to run somewhere in the 11's. I want 450-500hp with a 125 shot of Nitrous Oxide so the N/A total comes out to about 350hp or so. How much is it easier to tune a carb over an efi system with nitrous oxide. Also, with my requirements in mind can you show me how much it would cost with the carb setup and then the efi setup. Thanks again in advance!!!
BlackFireN2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 03:16 PM   #2
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

For a daily driven car go efi. If it's a street/strip weekend warrior then go carb. You can get great driveability and tuning with a carb. It's alot easier than efi because it's old school know how. If your not that experienced with newer electronics you'd be safer to use a carb than efi. It's not that hard at all to switch from efi to carb. Tuning a Nitrous car with a carb is easy. ALOT easier than with efi. Let me give you one good piece of advice with carb and nitrous. Use as little bends as possible when running nitrous with a carb. That allows the fuel to flow more "cleaner" allowing better distribution. Billy taught me that when he was working on my motor. Hope this helps.
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote