MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-08-1999, 05:59 PM   #1
les1
Registered Member

Default 69 cj

Im in the process of buying a 69 428 cobra jet mach 1 this is my favorite car in the world. It has 60200 miles, it is a 4 speed car with shaker scoop spoilers all that stuff. It hasent been running in 18 years so i was wondering what it was worth everything is there and fixable. The guy who is selling it has one just like it fully cocourse sweet!! anyway Im buying it for 7000$ he said he had his appraised at the upper 40s. also i was wondering what the actual torque was on the cj because ford had to build a special c6 to hold up to it, i also know that hp was rated at 335 but what did they actually put out? Also when rebuilding the this bad boy would it affect its value to take out the cast pistons and put in balanced forged ones. does anybody else still have any interest in the real wild horse!
les1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-1999, 01:08 AM   #2
Fettstang
Registered Member

Last I heard a nice cobra jet mach 1 went for about $26000. What you do inside the engine too improve it will not hurt the value unless you get to radical and not streetable.
I heard the hp was closer to 400hp and 450lbs of tork. just rated 335hp for insurance reasons.
They also resently came out with a alum head for cj's hootie who!!
Fettstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-1999, 09:38 PM   #3
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

DAMN! Grab that car right away!!! thats my favorite car of all time! Shit, if I could ever afford one of those I would die! Buy it, if its in any decent condition, that's an excellent price, those are rare and expensive cars get it! And no as long as you dont go crazy on the motor it wont hurt the value.

Wanna trade for a 1989 Saleen 406?
Never raced
Aluminum Head Engine
Excellent stereo.
25k on Motor/tranny.

Skyler
LskymanL@aol.com
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-1999, 10:58 PM   #4
JD
Registered Member

good find!! depending on the overall cond. i say $7k was fair if all the goodies were still there...shaker, smog & pcv equip, exhaust man., fold down rear, rear end, console, mouldings, good steel.. good luck! JD

------------------
JDF
JD is offline   Reply With Quote